Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

16 weeks

It is hard for me to believe I am 16 weeks already. Overall it has flown by and I can't believe it has almost been 4 months, but some days it has seemed slllooowww. I think it is finally starting to sink in that I am pregnant. I've really had a hard time believing it!

Some details:

-I have felt AWESOME. Like super, super amazing. SUCH a blessing and God's grace!

-From weeks 8-14,  I threw up somewhere between 3-6 times per week. Just randomly, usually during or right after a meal. I never felt nauseous or sick, it would just hit me. I would go throw up and then come back and keep eating. No complaints about that.

-We will not be finding out the sex of the baby in India, as it is illegal. This sign is posted at the hospitals...
Sex selection is a big problem here and many families try to abort the fetus if they find out it is a baby girl. We are going on a little visa run to Nepal in about 2 weeks and we may try to find out while we are there. Otherwise we will wait until we get back in August or just be surprised! It's not a huge deal to me if we find out or not... I always thought it would be. 
p.s. Chad and I are both totally convinced it's a girl, but there is absolutely no reasoning behind that. It's just what we think :) 

-I have gotten VERY good at taking afternoon naps. I've definitely lost some energy. I blame this on pregnancy AND the heat.  If I don't get an afternoon nap, you can usually find me in bed by 8:30pm.

-I LOVE coffee and chocolate candy... and we currently have a huge stash of both from the US. Sadly, I have had such an aversion to both. I blame this on pregnancy and the heat too. It's not super appetizing to drink a hot cup of coffee when you have sweat pouring down your face in the morning. Same for candy... I've traded m&m's for apples.

-Don't get me wrong, we eat good here. But you definitely can't just go get whatever you want. I feel like I've been obsessed with food lately and thinking/craving about lots of meals/snacks... a lot of which I can't get.

 I mentioned wanting sloppy joes the other day and Brandy had a sloppy joes seasoning pack and was so sweet and made them for lunch a few days later and invited us for lunch. Of course they were made with ground chicken, but still very yummy! so very sweet, thanks Brandy!

I also mentioned how I'd been wanting Wheat Thins a lot to Mom and she was able to send a box over with the Chasteens. Thankful they were willing to bring some things to us!  yum!
-I have to eat every 2-3 hours or I start to feel nauseous. I make sure I have a snack with me at all times because it hits quick! But the minute I eat something, the nausea goes away. 

-In my city, I have had two ultrasounds... $14 for the whole appointment. Can't beat that! But I have definitely gotten what I pay for, especially at one of the appointments (won't be going back to that hospital!). But at least we got to see the baby!

-For a more reliable appointment, I am going to a doctor in Delhi. Here I am on my way to my first official doctors appointment!
-If you know my Dad at all, this won't surprise you, but he has been brainstorming a cool name for him to be called. He has come up with Zayde (Yiddish for grandfather), Saba (Jewish), Dada (Hindi) and others... all of to which I have said "VETO". I was told last week I don't get a say in choosing. 

-Not much happening with the baby bump yet... but I have a feeling that will change in the next few weeks. I can tell a difference, and Chad sometimes can- but nobody else would really notice. Even with little change, I've still been documenting it weekly :)

I typed that little above paragraph yesterday and then took my 16 week picture today. I think week 15 to week 16 changed a lot. I think you can definitely tell in the picture from today. Maybe it's the dress? 
This is all just such an amazing miracle. I am so filled with joy and in awe of our Creator when I sit and think about how there is life growing inside. How great is our God! 

10 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

LOVE getting to see all the pictures of you! I do believe you are beginning to show Baby Ferrell. Just remember - I was convinced you were a boy and was SHOCKED when you were born and they said girl. So maybe our intuition is wrong - maybe I didn't pass that on to you. Glad you got the Wheat Thins! Love you so much and so thankful for this miracle!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and glad that you have been feeling good expecially with the heat. We never found out the sex with Chad and Eric, I wanted it to be a surprise. Love you. Cindy

Anonymous said...

I do believe you are looking a little poochy. And i agree , it appears to me to be a girl pooch. What do you think about Papster or Granddude? I love you.

bb said...

Aww I love it! I can totally see the bump now. It's like it just pops out all of a sudden. And I totally agree w you that some days are s-l-o-w and other times it flies by! Pretty soon you'll be holding her! (we were convinced we were having a boy and sure enough!) I can't wait!!

Unknown said...

It really is a miracle! I didn't start showing until 16 weeks either...but I can tell in your latest pic that he/she is growing. Too cute. Glad you're feeling well!

The Bagleys said...

You look so good and that baby bump is definitely growing! Glad you're feeling well and that the pregnancy has been so easy! :)

Stephanie said...

Good to hear a detailed update - I can't believe you're almost halfway along! I can relate to almost all of your feelings too. Salty snacks were the best tool for me to fight nausea and I didn't care for sweets until the second half of the pregnancy. Napped like a cat the first trimester, then by the book started to feel more like myself second trimester. You can definitely see the bump! I also thought it was SO obvious, but when I look back at the weekly pics, I'm not surprised people didn't think I was pregnant until closer to 24 weeks. It is such an amazing process -- and pretty soon you'll be feeling him/her move which is one of the best things I think!

Ashley M said...

I see you lil baby bump :) so cute!!! Thanks for posting I was looking forward to it haha helps to feel like we're experiencing it with you! glad you're feeling better and hoping you get to find out soon. no prophecies on my end yet but i'll be sure to let you know if I have a revelation ahahaha ;) I am pretty wisdomess...

Erin said...

Love reading all the little tid-bit updates about how it's going. You look so pretty in all your pictures! And just so you know...I had a dream last night that yall were having a girl-weird! (one, that I would dream about that and two, that it would be the same guess as yalls)!? We shall see... ;)
Erin

Unknown said...

Hi Christy,

Congratulation!!! to both you and Chad.

Happy for you.
Hope you remember me. Let me refresh your memory. I am Shakti. I met you all (Tessa, Abigal, Abbie. Aubrey, Jenna, Lindsey and you)in Treasure Island Mall in Indore, India. I was there with my mom. And I invited you all next day to my home for Lunch.
I came to pick you guys at Hotel Lemon Tree. And I took all to my house introduced you to my parents. In evening all had food together, also I took all to a Lake near my house, and it started raining. Then in evening I dropped you to Lemon Tree it was raining at that time. Then you all went to Jaipur.
I sent you friend request on facebook, but I think it was difficult for you to recognise me on Facebook as there is no picture of mine (and hey I am a girl not boy, please don't get confused by my name)I wanted to add you in my friends list, because I dont want to loose a good friend Like you. Also you recently met my mother in May month I believe in Ganesha Temple, you were there with Chad and your mom. You introduced my mom to Chad and your mom.

I lost my phone so, I don't have your contact number. Please call me back on my number 096116-37089. I am also in Indore.

My mom is very happy to hear about your pregnancy, and she wants to invite you, Chad and your mom for Lunch. Also she wants to organise a function for you and your baby, according to Hindu religion, which is organised for a well-being and healthy life of mother and to be born child.

Please let me know when she can plan for that.

Waiting for your reply. Please reply.

Great Day Take Care

Facebook Name: Shakti Choudhary
From: Indore, India