Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July

We had an awesome Independence Day celebration! Brandy hosted our July 4th party and did a great job! She had fun decorations and had requested the Summer LINK team bring over hotdogs. 
We always do potluck type team dinners. I got funfetti cupcake mix at an import store while we were in Nepal (I mean, that's pretty American, right?!) and found the cupcake toppers on pinterest. Brandy made the fun sugar cookies and then there were lots of yummy sides made by the other ladies to go with the hotdogs. 
 The hotdogs were frozen in the US and then flew over with the summerLINK team. I don't love hotdogs and wasn't planning to eat any, but I tried one and thought it was delicious (so I ate another one).
 the ladies on our team
Sarah, Lauren, Heather, Shanee, me, Brandy and Amy
we love this face Parks does...
 all the kiddos
 Joya (and several of the other kids) did not love the sound of the fireworks that were shot off from the field.
So fun celebrating the USA, even all the way in India. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 4th of July pictures, the 2nd ladies picture just makes me laugh.
I love the glasses..Cindy