11 whole months!
Grayson weighs about 22-23 pounds. He is wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
He still has the same 6 teeth. 4 on the top, 2 on the bottom.
He has had a couple of rough nap days recently. One day he will nap great and the next day is straight up refusal. Who knows? Typically he is napping for about an hour in the morning and the afternoon. Still goes down so easily at night and sleeps from 8:15 until about 7:15.
We dropped his afternoon feeding this week, now he is nursing 3 times a day. He is pretty much eating what we eat. We have found ourself turning down the spice in some of our meals so that he can eat them (we like things pretty spicy).
He signs "more", "all done" and he has done "please"some but we are still working hard on that one.
He has a newfound pen love this month. He loves to crawl around with a pen in his hand. About a week ago he learned to pull the lid off of them. So we have switched to just giving him the clicker ones.
He has a newfound pen love this month. He loves to crawl around with a pen in his hand. About a week ago he learned to pull the lid off of them. So we have switched to just giving him the clicker ones.
Grayson has started to really pick up on stuff that we haven't taught him. He will point the remote towards the tv (and we rarely have the tv on), he puts the phone up to his ear, last week he tried to put my sandals on my feet after I had kicked them off.
He is babbling a lot. He will answer questions when we ask him. It's like he knows the tone/inflectional ending requires an answer. Amazing! He will just make random sounds, but it's funny.
He has recently started saying a sound like "no" and shaking his head back and forth and wagging his finger. I guess he hears that a lot. But I'm pretty sure I don't point my finger and shake it when I say it. Where does he get it from!?
He is taking some steps. Right at 10.5 months, he started taking about 3-5 steps, and then would kind of fall into the person/couch/table. In the past few days, he is taking between 5-10 before he squats down and crawls. He gets more and more confident everyday. You can almost see him stand there and think about if he wants to walk or crawl to where he wants to go.

He giggles when Chad and I kiss. We think it is hilarious.
Tricks he does right now: head bonk, Where's Grayson?, surprised face, How big is Grayson?, waves and says bye-bye, blow kisses, and throws his hands up and waves them around when we sing "throw your hands in the air..."
Words he says: ball, mama, dada, bye-bye, no

3 comments:
OMG I can't believe he's so close to his birthday already!! And I totally had a flashback to your teaching days with the finger (or whole hand) pointing..."rude!" "dis-respectful" hahaha!
He can't be almost 1!!! I love his surprised face while holding the rock :)
Wow hard to believe he's almost 1! It seems like that first year flies by for new babies and new mommas. Love that standing picture of him. Sweet smile.
Post a Comment