Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Asheville

We decided to take a little detour on the way to Winston-Salem and spend some time in Asheville on Friday. We have only been to Asheville once before, 3 years ago to stay at the Grove Park Inn and do the Biltmore Candlelight tour.  We were excited to go back and explore the downtown area a little more. 
It was colder than I was expecting when we arrived! Thankfully I had stuff to bundle G up with, but I wish I'd had a hat and gloves for myself!
We hit up one of the downtown coffee shops (Izzy's Coffee Den) when we arrived. 
And after our last trip to Asheville, of course we had to visit 12 Bones Smokehouse. Chad has talked about it for the past 3 years as one of his all-time favorite restaurants. We had to see if it lived up to our memories :)
It definitely didn't disappoint. 
 But y'all, the bacon is a.m.a.z.i.n.g.  I'm not even a huge bacon/meat eater and this stuff is delicious. I will always get the BLT for the bacon and their pesto mayo on it. so good. If you're ever in Asheville, you should try it, you'll thank me. 
We walked all over (did some of the urban trail), went in some stores and hope to go back again!

No comments: