Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

Miller: 16 months

I feel like Miller has been a NUT this month. He is so funny and full of personality!
 He is still holding strong at 19 pounds, but eats like a horse! Size 3 diapers and mostly 12 month clothes. 

He is sleeping like a rockstar right now and goes down so easily for naps and bed and usually sleeps about 2 hours each afternoon and close to 12 hours at night without a peep. So thankful! He gets his paci, starts rubbing his hair and goes right to sleep :)

All 4 of his canines broke through about a week ago. He def had some discomfort from them and was chewing on his fingers a lot and fussy/wanting to be held. 

He loves to dance by waving his arms or spinning in circles.

A new fav thing is him trying to close his eyes when we pray. 

He has had days where he hates the nursery and I get called, and days where he's fine. 

He still LOVES his Papa and is just attached to him. When Art showed up during lunch one day a few weeks ago, Miller was giddy. 
He has laid down in the floor throwing a fit sometimes when he gets angry. It always amazes me how this is just an instinct in a fit. He doesn't see anyone else doing that, it just comes out! That sin, rebellious nature!

While we were in Charleston this month, he was sitting right at the waves and got kind of splashed by a little wave. I scooped him right up and sat him on my hip while I was talking with a friend. I kind of noticed he wasn't moving or making any noise. After tickling him, telling him to say "mama" and realizing he was just kind of frozen and not breathing, I started to panic. My friend and I started patting him on his back, flipped him over and tried to get him to cough up what he seemed to be choking on. We still don't really know what happened. After I screamed "help!!!" to the whole beach, and some people rushed over he seemed to be ok. The best we can figure out he had a "breath holding spell" (a new term to me) and the wave just kind of startled him. He was fine, but it was a scary few moments. 

He's repeating so much of what we say!

He stills asks "ha?" for "hot" with every food we put on his tray.
He currently loves his paci or "pa-pa". I had plans to take it away, but we have lots of hours in the car coming up so I decided to wait until after that. 

I feel like he is losing his "babyness" by the minute and is looking so big to me lately. 

I'll find him lying on our black changing mat when he has a stinky diaper. Cracks me up every time that he has pulled it out and laid down. 

He can point to a lot of his body parts when we ask. (He points to his nose every time we talk about or say "Nona")

He currently loves: being outside and walking his lawnmower to the road, his green crocs (all day long), throwing stuff away, smelling stuff (especially flowers) with the scrunchiest face, snacks, eating whole apples
I looked back over Grayson and Bowen's 16 month posts. 
Two things stuck out: 
1) So much of what I said in Bowen's is very similar to Miller right now 
2) Grayson was 26 pounds and Miller is 19 :) that's a huge difference! 

and his bros were trying to get him to smile in those above pics... but he only wanted them to keep tickling him :) 
love these little boys!

No comments: