I have been the worst baby milestones documenter. I had good intentions of getting a calendar or journal for his first year... it just never happened. I have a few dates in the notes section of my phone, but that's it. The blog post monthly updates are it. I'm going to try to turn those into a baby/first year book of sorts. Maybe using shutterfly or something like that. The posts have good info in them, but no specific dates. How did I let that happen!?!
With that being said, I've decided to still try to document what G is up to on the 17th of each month so that I/he can look back on it....
Grayson got his 7th tooth this month, lower lateral incisor.
A new thing this month has been climbing. He will try to climb into the tub, over furniture, and on top of anything he can.
The boy can make some silly faces.
He started a new thing where he will walk/stand with his hands tucked behind his back.

G still eats pretty much anything we give him. A favorite from this month is grapes. He is still nursing once a day in the mornings but planning to drop that next week.

G still eats pretty much anything we give him. A favorite from this month is grapes. He is still nursing once a day in the mornings but planning to drop that next week.
He is a performer most of the time... and I love it. He loves to show people his tricks. Right now these are his favorites to perform... "Are you surprised?" "Show us your new face" "What does a dog say?" Is it funny? "(covers his mouth and laughs with his hands), "1-2-3!" (He will charge/attack on 3...mostly to stuffed animals)
His little legs have started to get bruises on them from being so rough and tumble and they look like such a little boy.
G still LOVES baths. If we have a day where we are at home, I will often give him a bath in the middle of the day just for a change of scenery.
He amazes us at how teachable and observant he is.
Two examples:
1. the other night after we had finished dinner, Chad threw a piece of food to the dog lying on the floor. Grayson looks at Chad and picks up a piece of bread from his tray and throws it at the dog. So often we aren't even thinking that the little things we do, he picks up on! Clearly we don't want him throwing food off of his tray!
2. Yesterday morning Chad showed Grayson how to "jump!" in about 1 minute. He would yell "jump" and bounce up in the air and each time after he did it, Grayson would bounce/bend his knees (no feet off the ground) and make a sound like "ummmp!"

He still says and signs "please" all. day. long. Now it is sounding more like "eese".

He still says and signs "please" all. day. long. Now it is sounding more like "eese".
He has had some whiney/cranky days recently. Especially in the evenings. I would love to say/see that it's teething, but I don't see any new teeth coming in right now.
G will try to repeat stuff that we say. Often it doesn't even sound close, but he tries. His most common words these days are: mama, dada, ball, no, uh oh, eese (for please), bye-bye, nite-nite

5 comments:
I cannot wait till I see that sweet face on Sunday. Love you all.
Cindy
Pretty sure that Pop Pop is one of his favorite things to say.
Pop Pop
The hands behind his back show how much more stable he is - doesn't need the hands out to balance! Changing so fast! Soooo cute!
Every time I see pics of him, the song "Personality" comes to my mind and I hum it all day. :) I can't sing, and my humming is worse, but this child will allow you not to care, he just makes you sing.
Ann Dobies
Such a cute little old man walking with his hands behind his back! I love it! Can I have him? He is the coolest kid!
Post a Comment